Friday, September 18, 2009

WHAT HAPPENED...

Bare with me on this one, I was purging a lil' bit. If you know me, you know what's up... I wanted to share this because I was asked, feel me on this one. I hope you can appreciate it ...

What happened?
Trying to figure that out is a bitch...
cuss' pass, please ...thanks! :)
I would always get this question, I had a few answers,
but it always depended on age and experience.
See not everyone has been where I been
I don't disregard other people's lives, I embrace them.
I always try to convey that. Everybody got a story to tell...
So, many years were spent
We were invested
Worked our fingers to the bone...sound familiar?
LOL! Seriously, Everything that was needed to make it smooth, was done
You see why I had to be careful of what I say,
I never wanted to confuse a single person on marraige
We know everybody's situation is different
What's funny is me saying I don't want to confuse anybody of my story, when clearly, this poem is asking a question? ..LOL!
Every now and again, I have it figured out and I move on.
Life ain't no joke, but we laugh to keep from crying.
We shake it off, put our big girl panties onand keep it moving, pimpin'
I did all this and still ended up alone, without my friend.
It got to a point, before I left, where I couldn't breathe, I was drowning
and I felt no one would save me, he didn't
we both knew I was tired and still
he gave up on me and let my hand loosed.
Yes, I left, but he didn't stop me
I continue to ask myself, What happened?
You would never understand unless you walked in my shoes,
But our roles were mixed and that was O.K.
I held it down.
Like the strong woman I am
Did what I had to do, didn't blink...and you?
When I decided to leave, yes I left
I didn't take a thing with me, but what I needed.
I could start over, they would have it harder
I had their best interest in mind and then myself.
That's how it was.
Who had me?,
It was my prayer, that he would someday strip me of my Dickies and Drape me in lace
and I could be the woman I needed to be and wallow in his grace.
He had choices, I didn't
It would surely be my turn soon.
I don't wish to take anything away, he held down the house and our son
I had so much Faith in him, his talent, his gift, his calling
that's why I stayed, I believed.
But when I said I'm trying
I don't have anymore
I need your help.
we are not happy,I am not happy.
He let me leave
He even helped me move, ironic, isn't it?
Just that quick, I had to make some decisions.
After I left, He survived!
What made him do then, what he could of done before.
So I asked myself again, WTF happened?

I don't get a call from him to say, Hey Bitch, I was just checking on you to see if you needed something. Just the thought would have made a difference. After so many years of marraige, I don't care what!, The mother of your first born, your only child, should get, even if it's just a little, some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

But make no mistake, or get it twisted, cause I just look like this. One things for sure...I Kept it Movin' Pimpin!


...I'm just saying



Japonica

No comments:

Post a Comment