Thursday, April 15, 2010

"A true story"

A friend asked me the other day, not necessarily exact but you'll get my point...maybe! "How is it that Adam and Eve were the only people on the earth? "How is it that the human race could have started from simply 2 people?" At the time I only responded by saying this is a question that I can not answer. Maybe if I thought hard enough, I could have conjured up something. But who's to say that, in my own belief, my explanation would make sense to him. In truth, my own quest for a closer relationship with God does not take me in that direction. A challenge on this level is not my motivation. I only wish to be in my own understanding of my own purpose in life. (if that makes sense) It was not my intent to be direspectful to him or the question. I only felt his persistence in every attempt to make me answer, was quite provoking. I even wondered if the question was asked of a clergyman, would he have answered. I would believe he would say something like this: "As a man thinks, so he is". This what comes to mind. Whether we believe Adam and Eve were the first and only at that time, perhaps it is that this "concept" allows us to be who we are today. Whether we believe, could it simply be that the idea of Adam and Eve was just by mere interpretation or perception of what someone, in his own period recorded? Is it so hard to believe that communication between the human race is completely dependent upon
"concept". I do not profess to be
religious, an intellect, a scholar, and definitely not a clergy. I do consider myself a smart woman with a sense that may be more common than most. There is such probable cause in religion, so I am smart enough not 2 impose my belief and/or try to prove one wrong in their belief. The only thing that makes religion agreeable, in my eyes, no matter what, is that all religions seem to work to discover and re-discover what they have lost. Myles Monroe says that this is where the frustration lies in mankind. It seems true, the more people chase and attempt to touch God, their journey... >

No comments:

Post a Comment